These are the steps to be followed while installing Ruby on Rails on windows
- Install Ruby
- To do this, download the installer for windows from here
- After installing to verify whether ruby is installed properly or not, open your command prompt and type
The output should be showing the version of ruby installed
- After its done it is time to install ruby gems.
- In ruby 1.9.2 it is installed while installing ruby
- For installing gems in older versions download rubygems file from here
- Extract the contents of the folder and traverse to that folder using command prompt.
- When inside the folder, type the following:
you should get a message that rubygems is successfully installed.
- To verify type
The output will be the version you have.
- Now time to install rails.
gem install rails
you will see a series og things being installed.
- Done….now type
rails new my_first_rails_app
and spread the magic !!